Cambridge Online Education
Cambridge I GCSE History 0470 - ONLINE TUTOR SUPPORTED COURSE
£29.99 X 10 MONTHS
Receive the same IGCSE HISTORY qualification certificate from Cambridge Exam Board as from any other conventional school but study for it from HOME. Accepted in almost all UK universities!
At Cambridge Online Education you will learn HISTORY from accessing online lessons recorded by a PhD / Masters qualified, experienced teacher.
This course includes:
Optional face to face online tuition is also available for £15 per 30 min. tutorial as required.
I GCSE / GCSE WILL GET YOU ONTO A LEVELS THEN UNIVERSITY
Hi, I'm Hannah Calascione and I am Head of History at Cambridge Online Education. I graduated from Kings College Cambridge with a Double First Class Honours degree in Anthropology and Politics. My passion for peoples, their cultures and histories facilitates the teaching of History on this course. I very much look forward to supporting you through it.
The syllabus aims to develop:
• an interest in the past and an appreciation of human endeavour
• a greater knowledge and understanding of historical periods or themes
• a greater awareness of historical concepts such as cause and effect similarity and difference, and change and continuity
• an appreciation of the nature and diversity of historical sources available and the methods used by historians
• an exploration of a variety of approaches to different aspects of history and different interpretations of particular historical issues
• the ability to think independently and make informed judgements on issues
• an empathy with people living in different places and at different times
• a firm foundation for further study of History
The Cambridge I GCSE History syllabus examines major global issues of the nineteenth and twentieth centuries, covering the history of particular regions in more depth. Historical knowledge and understanding together with the skills required for historical research are emaphasised.
Cause and effect, continuity and change, similarity and difference and how to use and understand historical evidence as part of their studies are explored.
The subject is suited to students already interested in the past. It provides a basis for further study, and also encourages a lifelong interest in the subject.
Teacher assessments comprise the continuous marking of coursework and assignments and summative tests.
A list of examination centres is included in this course.
Recorded lessons produced by Cambridge Home School based in Cambridge UK - probably the best online school in the UK