Online College Of Art & Design
Learn To Draw Portraits Course With Award Winning Artist / Author Carole Massey
£29.99 per month x 10
Extremely limited places - Reserve your place now!
Course Outline - 18 units (36 x ½ hour video lessons with live online support)
Introduction to the course
1. PROPORTIONS: Male/female heads
2. PROPORTIONS : Child’s head
3. FEATURES : THE EYES – Adult male/female/child
Front and profile views/ expression
4. FEATURES THE NOSE – Different shapes, ethnicity, definition &
highlights. Front / profile view etc
5. FEATURES THE MOUTH Young/old/male/ female
Expression/ Drawing teeth
6. FEATURES THE EARS, NECK and SHOULDERS
7. EYES/NOSE TRIANGLE METHOD of positioning the features FOR AN ADULT
Proportional measuring and angles
8. FOR A CHILD AS ABOVE
9. A PORTRAIT in CHARCOAL - tonal exercise
10. HAIR & FACIAL HAIR Texture/Types/White hair/ Facial hair /Moustaches
11. HATS,CAPS, JEWELLERY AND OTHER “PROPS”
12. SELF PORTRAIT in Pencil – hatching, cross hatching
13. PORTRAIT in W/SOL GRAPHITE or GRAPHITINT
14. COMPOSITION Posing a sitter – head and shoulders/full length
15. COMPOSITION Full-length portrait. Background/pro
16. WORKING FROM LIFE OR FROM PHOTOS – TIPS
17. DRAMATIC PORTRAIT – Low light, low viewpoint
18. PORTRAIT OF MAN OR WOMAN IN A HAT
Carole studied art at St Albans School of Art and then at Leicester College of Art & Design (now de Montford University) before following a successful career as a commercial artist running her own design business for thirty years.
She returned to her first love of painting initially gaining a reputation as a portrait painter. Her subjects have included members of the royal family and show business personalities. Amongst several TV appearances Carole took part in the BBC’s ‘The Big Event’ which featured a giant reproduction of John Constable’s "The Hay Wain".
In June 2014 she was honoured to have her painting of Sir Charles Bean, retiring deputy Governor of the Bank of England, chosen as his official portrait and it now hangs in the Bank of England.
Search Carole Massey on Amazon.co.uk to see her many wonderful books!
This really is a wonderful and rare opportunity to be educated by one of the best!